Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fixing Your Home with Ease

Fixing Your Home with Ease

December
08
2010
In a few months, I will have lived in my home for 10 years. I bought it in an up-and-coming neighborhood with good schools. My kids are growing up here. Like many homeowners today, I have no plans to move anytime soon. I love my house and my neighbors, and I am content to stay put, at least for now.
My home obviously knows this, because it’s been extra “needy” lately. In the past year, I’ve needed the services of a plumber (3 times), a handyman, a painter, a lawn care company and a carpet cleaner. I’ve also purchased three new major appliances; pressure-washed the exterior; and had my HVAC system cleaned and examined.
I’ve spent a lot of time finding these vendors, asking friends for referrals and in a few cases, selecting someone because I heard their radio or television ad. In most cases, I’ve been pleased with the results, but the unqualified handyman is what resulted in the three visits from the qualified plumber, and the verdict is still out on the lawn care guy.
As a busy working parent, I don’t have time to spend researching quality service providers for my home maintenance, repair, renovation and remodeling needs.  But Allen Tate Home Services could have saved me a lot of time and trouble.
Allen Tate Home Services partners with local, quality service providers in just about every trade area, from heating and air, to landscaping and plumbing, to handyman services for my “honey do” list. These professionals are licensed and insured, and must maintain a 95 percent satisfaction ranking from their clients.
And the best part? I can find professionals whenever it’s convenient for me, via their new website, homeservices.allentate.com. A quick search returns results of all service providers in my local area that perform my requested service. It allows me to contact them directly via telephone or e-mail. If I need a specialty service or extra help, Allen Tate Home Services also offers personal assistance.
Some service providers even offer coupons or special discounts. And it’s always nice to make your money go a little further in today’s economy.
It’s tough to keep up with everything it takes to maintain a home. That’s why I also signed up on the website for Home Notes, a monthly e-mail newsletter. Near the beginning of each month, I receive this great publication that helps me better understand the “needs” of my home and what I can do to help keep it in top condition. I particularly like the checklists, which remind me of things that should be done that month.
Hopefully, my home will be less “needy” in the New Year. But when it needs some extra attention, I’ll know who to call first – Allen Tate Home Services.